Monday, May 2, 2016

Chunky Chickpea Salad

This newest recipe came from a Bible study I participated in recently called The Daniel Plan.  Our leader, a dietician, made this delicous concoction and shared it and the recipe with us.  So now I'm sharing it with you since it's too good to keep to myself.  :)

This chickpea salad can be served on a slice of whole wheat bread or flat bread or as I prefer over a spinach salad.  You can also make it more of an egg like consistency by adding the beans to a food processor.









CHUNKY CHICKPEA SALAD

Ingredients

1 (15 oz) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup celery, diced small
1/2 cup red pepper
1/4 cup light or fat free mayo (I actually use plain non-fat Greek yogurt instead)
1 Tbsp mustard
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp pickle relish




Combine all ingredients and mix well.  ENJOY!




Oh yea, the last time I made this, I added a hard boiled egg also.




No comments:

Post a Comment