Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Thai-Inspired Stir Fry with Coconut Rice

I started my 10 day Daniel Plan Detox yesterday!  So far, So good!  I actually had a really good day yesterday and didn't miss my sweets until after dinner.  I was really worried about being hungry last night between my snack and dinner because dinner was going to be so late and all I had for snack was a Veggie Mocktail.  But, surprisingly I wasn't!  So, a good start!!

I was asked by a few people to share last night's Thai inspired stir fry.  This recipe is from The Daniel Plan which I highly recommend checking out.  I did, of course, change it just a bit, so I will provide you with the recipe that I used.  It was really yummy!

Oh yea, and the rice, that's a funny story!  I asked my 13 year old to start the rice for me while I was at therapy with my youngest.  He's been doing a lot of cooking lately. I go to the kitchen and take the lid off and the pot is obviously full of water. 
So I ask him, "How much water did you put in there?" 
His response, "A lot!" 
Me: "Did you read the directions?"
Him: "I didn't understand them."
Me: "how much rice did you put in there?"
Him: I don't know, I couldn't find a measuring cup!"
Lol
Well, surprisingly I was able to salvage the rice and it was really yummy!

Thai Inspired Stir Fry with Coconut Rice

Stir Fry Ingredients
6 Chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 garlic cloves
1 cup zucchini
1 cup carrots
1 cup red pepper
1 cup snow peas
1 teaspoon EVOO
2 Tbsp gluten free Tamari (you can also use a low sodium soy sauce)
1 tsp black pepper

Rice
1 cup Brown Rice or Black rice
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup water

Dice all veggies into bite-size pieces.  Heat olive oil in skillet over medium het.  Add chicken and cook until done.  Add veggies and Tamari.  Stir fry until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.

To cook rice:  Bring coconut milk and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.  Add rice and reduce heat to low.  Cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.  Serve chicken and veggies over rice!




No comments:

Post a Comment