Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Honey Orange Chicken Drummers

Over the weekend, Jack (my oldest) came to me with a new recipe he wanted to try out this week.  I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a pretty healthy recipe.  Of course, it was chicken, because that's about all he eats.  But he is making an effort to try new things.  And he's becoming quite the chef!

It's so funny because when he cooks with me, he is all about following the directions exactly as they're written.  Of course, there is nothing wrong with that but I like to just occasionally throw things in.  And I'm terrible about measuring out things while he is very precise.  But we work pretty well together and I love spending the time with him!

So here is the recipe to our latest concoction!


Honey Orange Chicken Drummers

Ingredients
Chicken Drumsticks
2 oranges
Fresh thyme
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
salt
pepper



Take the skin off of the chicken drumsticks and set aside.
Take the zest of one orange in put in a large bowl.  Squeeze the juice from 2 oranges into the bowl with the zest.  Add honey, olive oil, fresh thyme, a dash of salt and pepper and whisk together.  Pour half of the mixture over chicken, mix and let sit for about 15 minutes.  Preheat oven to 375.
Put down foil on a large cookie sheet and place chicken on the foil.  Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.  Meanwhile heat the rest of the marinade mixture on the stove.  When chicken is done, I put it back in on broil for about 5 minutes to brown the chicken.  Brush the remaining marinade onto chicken and serve!

I sauteed some fresh squash and peppers with a bit of coconut oil and some All Purpose seasoning.











No comments:

Post a Comment